Friday, May 1, 2009

God is for us

We managed, quite creatively I might add, to get by without water until Tuesday evening. It was an interesting 24 hours - we had to get creative with everything from brushing our teeth to keeping the dishes out of the sink. I now have a new appreciation for the little things we take for granted.
I must also give props to my neighbors who came over with 2 gallons of water for us to drink. Also our very good friend Heather brought us dinner - the best we've had in a long time!!

Wednesday morning as Scott was preparing to leave for Vancouver and I was leaving to take our son to the doctor's office, we realized Zoey was missing! By the time we made the discovery, it had been almost 2 hours since we knew we'd seen her. She could have gotten quite far in that time. So - we looked in all the usual places to no avail. Scott could not be late to the airport -
I am starting to panic! My friend Lisa stopped by as she was heading to a meeting and stayed to allow me to look down by the ravine. We are now going on 4 hours missing. Just as I had run out of options, I sat down in front of the window feeling utterly useless. I was crying - hard. I thanked God that he could see our dog and asked Him to bring her home safely. As I finished speaking, a car pulled up and a neighbor of ours says "Here's your pooch!" I thanked him profusely! Wow! How God cares for us! Once again, the good Lord took care of even the littlest of requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is us

This is us
Everyone! Look at the camera.